Bigcommerce - Big Commerce Platform (vs shopify and other platforms)

Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

Yes, I am a customer too and they are a terrible company. I launched several sites with them, and they recently (earlier this year) increased the prices on all stores. I was never informed of the increase, and found that my monthly fee was suddenly increased to over $1,000 per month (from the $80 I was originally promised when I signed up).

They know people like me are stuck with them, so they decided to pull a bait and switch tactic and simply force us (i.e., the more successful companies in terms of order volume) to pay insanely high fees for a service that is automated.

If you are considering becoming a customer on Shopify or Volusion, or Magento or anyone else, I can tell you from experience that BigCommerce is the least trustworthy company. They are out to steal money from you any way they can get it, and they do not make any reasonable effort to treat you fairly, once they have charged your credit card. Stay away!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bigcommerce Ecommerce Platform.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: How are stealing from me, Billing practices.

Bigcommerce Ecommerce Platform Review from Pretoria, Gauteng

2.1
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

Been a merchant on Bigcommerce for 3 years. Firstly, their options are quite limited in terms of customisation, etc. The processes used also stupidly nakes no sense.

We signed up 3 years ago and locked in a basic rate of $25/month. Since then they've changed their plans and pricing multiple times, we remained unaffected. Starting 2016, they issued a notice that we would be moved over to a different plan based on transaction volume, and monthly would rise to $200/mo plus extra for transactions that went over their limit.

I called in to close our store. They charged us for the month, and closed our store, and better yet, provided us with none of our data. Complaints were met with no satisfactory refunds. I am waiting for a class action against this company.

They stated a change in terms od their refund policies that we were never notified about. How convenient that companies can make changes to policies at any time to avoid consequences.

We have since switched to Magento CE, free, just hire a developer to get your store up and running. Offers everything bigcommerce did with the advantage of customisation if you need it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bigcommerce Ecommerce Platform.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

HORRIBLE FRAUDULENT COMPANY - BigCommerce.com

WOW - BigCommerce.com is an incredibly horrible company to deal with. I was never even an actual customer and they managed to steal $325 from me.

They promised that my website would be compatible with their platform and charged me $325 for a migration which never happened because it turned out that my website was not compatible with their platform - The lied.

Trying to get my money back has been a nightmare. First they lied when I called them when they said no problem we will issue you a FULL CREDIT.

Months later, I check and no credit was given.

Then I can't even get someone on the phone to help me. I emailed MANY time with no response. Finally they respond just saying ( Your case has been closed )

After tons of emailed and calls, they have the audacity and nerve to issue me a PARTIAL credit.

Again WOW - These guys are incredibly unprofessional and simply dishonest thieves.

AVOID BigCommerce.com at ALL COST!!!!!

I didn't like: How are stealing from me.

Comments

Mataram, Nusa Tenggara Barat, Indonesia #1292516

Well actually they can not do that, because to justify charging you for the transfer service they have to actually provide it. If the service is not provided *exactly* as described, it is a misrepresentation under the Description of Goods & Services Act (whatever it happens to be in your country, and all countries have something similar).

You can't sell a shovel on eBay and deliver a pitch fork, it has to be the thing you described. Like so also with services. You have to provide the service you promised or at least make the effort to provide it to a reasonable level of service, and otherwise you could be liable for fines and other troubles.

They can not do this. You should have fought hard to get that refund, using legal terminology and name-dropping consumer protection agencies and so on.